Co-directed by Daniel Orlansky and Sara Davidson Flanders.
The core study in The Yoga of Energy Flow Teacher Training is vinyasa flow yoga in which breath, movement and asana are combined with physical and energetic alignments to create a transformational practice.
• Daniel and Sara view yoga as more than simply a physical practice, but rather as a lifestyle based on meaning, intention, consciousness, and revelation of the fundamental sacredness of being human.
• Students will leave this training fully prepared to teach vinyasa style yoga classes and will have a comprehensive understanding of yoga asana, asana sequencing, pranayama, anatomy of yoga, hands-on assists, shiatsu/thai bodywork, yogic philosophy, mudras and meditation techniques. In addition, drawing from the practices of Kundalini Yoga as taught by Yogi Bhajan, special attention will be given to the role and use of the breath and mantra in enhancing life force in the body and mind to develop meditative awareness and spiritual strength.
• This 200-Hour Yoga Teacher Training is approved by the Yoga Alliance of America. Graduates are automatically granted the status of RYT (Registered Yoga Teacher).
The training will be held at Tenth Gate Yoga Center, 1046 East Main Rd. Portsmouth, RI. Beginning with a 5 day immersion, the program will subsequently meet one weekend a month for 7 months.
• The 5 day immersion will allow us to engage with all facets of yoga practice, including asana, pranayama, meditation. Time will be given to yoga anatomy and philosophy.
• For the 7 weekends, on Fridays we will check in, practice together, and take care of homework. For the most part, Saturdays will be taught by Daniel, focusing on elements of Yoga of Energy Flow. On Sundays, Sara will work with asana alignments (physical and energetic) modifications, cueing assists (verbal and hands-on), as well as yoga anatomy and philosophy.
Five day immersion: Wednesday-Sunday, August 17-21, 2016
8:00 am – 5:30 pm daily
Seven Month Program: (one weekend per month)
Fridays, 6:00-9:00 pm ~ Saturdays and Sundays, 8:00 am – 5:30 pm
$2850 includes training manual, and all books. Tuition can be paid in monthly installments.